Requirements for the CECRA Certificate
Participation in offered modules is required for the basic certificate. The basic certificate “CECRA-Basics” must be applied for within 5 years, counting the 5 years from the date of the first / oldest module attendance.
For the certificate, the participation in offered modules and the fulfillment or proof of the accompanying prerequisites are required. The “CECRA Certificate” must be applied for within 7 years, counting the 7 years from the date of the first / oldest module attendance.
- Preparatory training: completed degree course or completed vocational training
- Submission of the required module-completion confirmations (two compulsory and at least three elective modules); thereof one of each modul in presence.
- Attendance at an event (presence or online) in another country or another federal state, which serves the professional training (accepted are attendance of modules, events… ).
- Visit of Advisory Centre/Advisory Services (at least 2.5 days, excluding travel there and back, in another country or another German federal state
- Submission of thesis (documentation and self-reflection based on a practical example)
Visit of Advisory Body
Before the planned visit to a body, contact should be made with the Regional Certification Body or CECRA Assistant, and both the body to be visited and the schedule of events are to be coordinated. Advisory institutions where attending CECRA candidates come into contact with advisory clients are particularly suitable. For purposes of preparation, guidelines are available for the visited body/ advisory organization as well as for the researching of the body by the CECRA candidate. The form for confirmation of the research visit to the body can be used as proof of the research visit when submitting the application for certification.
The thesis for the CECRA Certificate requires documentation of advisory services provided to an individual, a family, or a business community. Among other things, the justification for the choice of practical example, the content of the advisory process, interventions and their effects, the conclusions for the own development as an rural advisor, and to this end, the reflection on one’s own role and relation to client with strengths and weaknesses are evaluated.
In our guidelines you can find more information about the requirements.